Jessica Alba makes “girl on the go” look effortlessly chic. While we all may not be movie stars…yet, we still manage to have the to do list of one. Our world consists of no “me” time, but I think it’s time to add yourself into the equation. The first step is to renovate your fashion habits. Who says you can’t dress up when running errands? I know the majority of you have more clothes than you know what to do with, so take the price tags off and utilize your purchases. Dressing up makes a difference in your attitude. If you look good, you’ll feel good. Jessica Alba may be one busy lady, but she manages to look 100% on a daily basis. Bravo Jessica!
1. Modcloth ‘Unexpected Twist Dress’ www.modcloth.com $77.99
2. Dorothy Perkins ‘Black Drape Pocket Blazer’ www.dorothyperkins.com $72
3. Forever 21 ‘Leatherette Belted Boot’ www.forever21.com $23.84
4. Wayfarer Sunglasses ‘Style #1689’ www.sunglasswarehouse.com $14.95
5. Forever 21 ‘Three Compartment Handbag’ www.forever21.com $44.80
6. Topshop ‘Black 50 Denier Opaque Tights’ www.topshop.com $8
Roll out the red carpet because award season is in full effect. The Golden Globes kicked off spring’s upcoming fashion trends with nothing less than glitz and glamour. Pink hues, sparkly sequins, flowing ruffles, blooming flowers, and popping emerald greens were a sure show-stopper. Check out my favorite and least favorite outfits of the night.
Set sail for a nautical escape in sensible stripes. Yes, that’s right ladies. Stripes are making a come back in full force. While we know the pattern has a tendency of not being the most flattering of prints, we can rest assure that when it’s worn correctly it could be nothing more than a myth in the past. Balance is key.
1. MM Couture ‘Peak Shoulder Cropped Blazer’ www.piperlime.com $27.97
2. Modcloth ‘Number One Fan Dress’ www.modcloth.com $49.99
3. Big Buddha ‘Harley Satchel’ www.endless.com $63
4. N.Y.L.A Womens Lilo Platform Pump’ www.endless.com $100
1. Modcloth ‘Highest Honors Blazer’ www.modcloth.com $117.99
2. Modcloth ‘Don’t Change Your Stripes Dress’ www.modcloth.com $54.99
3. Kelsi Dagger ‘Tiffany Black Suede’ www.heels.com $100
4. ASOS ‘Leather Waterfall Clutch’ www.asos.com $60
1. Topshop ‘Drop Collar & Revere Crop Jacket’ www.topshop.com $110
2. Steve Madden ‘Haylow Blush’ www.heels.com $70
3. Topshop ‘Navy Stripe Gold Button Tee’ www.topshop.com $70
4. Moto Vintage ‘Jamie Jeans’ www.topshop.com $80
5. Hive & Honey ‘Ribbon Tie Necklace’ www.piperlime.com $32
6. Terracotta ‘Oversized Bow Suede Clutch Bag’ www.topshop.com $80
Chunky cardigan sweaters are no longer exclusively designated for grandpa. If you’re afraid of walking out of the house looking like one of the Olsen twins, have no fear. Take note from Charlize Theron on how to wear oversized cardigans. All it takes are a pair of FITTED jeans, a simple top, and a stylish pair of shoes. The fitted jeans make all of the difference in my opinion. They are the ultimate deciding factor between bag lady chic and sassy lady chic.
1. DKNY ‘Shawl Collar Cardigan’ www.piperlime.com $89
2. Enzo Angiolini ‘Rachey’ www.piperlime.com $59.99
3. All Saints ‘Nirvana Vest’ www.allsaints.com $35
4. Topshop ‘Moto Jamie Ultimate Skinny Jeans’ www.topshop.com $80
5. Marc By Marc Jacobs ‘Stripe Resin Aviator Sunglasses’ www.nordstrom.com $98
6. Forever 21 ‘Three Compartment Handbag’ www.forever21.com $44.80
With only a few days left to shop and a ton of parties on the agenda, the only important question is what will you be wearing…well, that and who your midnight kiss will be. But what I am interested in are the clothes. Most importantly, the sequins. Let’s face it, it would not be NYE without sequins, feathers, and studs.
1. Paprika ‘Sequin Sweetheart Prom Dress’ www.rarefashion.co.uk $31
2. Topshop ‘Sequin Babydoll Dress’ www.topshop.com $40
3. Topshop ‘Sequin Sweetheart Dress’ www.topshop.com $50
4. Steve Madden ‘Fuschia Suede Scandall’ www.heels.com $80
5. Jessica Simpson ‘Waleo Plum Kid Suede’ www.heels.com $90
6. Luichiny Leg Acy ‘Cobalt Blue Heel’ www.heels.com $80
7. Fashion Union ‘Sequin Prom Dress’ www.fashionunion.co.uk $27
8. Topshop ‘Sequin Mesh Dress’ www.topshop.com $40
9. Miso ‘Feather Skirt Dress’ www.republic.co.uk $46
10. Luichiny ‘Leg Acy Red Suede Heel’ www.heels.com $79.99
11. Jessica Simpson ‘Waleo Black Suede’ www.heels.com $90
12. Sam Edelman ‘Navato Heel Rainy Grey’ www.heels.com $100
Last weekend I got to style on my very first photo shoot. While I enjoy being a wing(wo)man when it comes to working at the American Music Awards or the Victoria Secret Angel’s fashion show, it was such a fun experience to take over the reins. It also doesn’t hurt to shoot at Anthony Franco’s home, an amazing stylist. He offered Louboutin’s and opened up his fashion closet for my shoot and I just couldn’t resist. I can’t wait to share photos from the shoot. To be continued…
(dress- Forever 21, vest- Forever 21, belt- Gucci, boots- Dolce Vita)
With finals now behind me, I finally have time to breathe, and of course update my blog. Winter break means winter wear… except if you’re living in Los Angeles. You just get to drool over all the cozy coats and snug scarves that others get to wear. Warmer winter? No sweat. Play it cool in a jacket or blazer. My favorite looks of the season consist of faux shearling lined jackets, Chanel-inspired blazers with a modern twist, flirty jackets with draped fronts, cropped coats, and feminine military jackets.
1. Plastic Island ‘Black Magic Tweed Jacket’ www.piperlime.com $216
2. Modcloth ‘Afternoon Symphony Jacket’ www.modcloth.com $99.99
3. Republic ‘Crafted Aviator Jacket’ www.republic.co.uk $94
4. Topshop ‘Drop Collar & Revere Crop’ www.topshop.com $110
5. Aryn K ‘Military Jacket’ www.piperlime.com $108
6. Tulle ‘Wool Jacket’ www.piperlime.com $68
Bundle up this winter in a military inspired pea coat and scarf. Top the look off with funky opaque tights and boots. One of my favorite things about winter besides peppermint lattes are boots. If you want a good pair of boots that go with almost every outfit check out these cute Old Navy one’s. Just because the weather is cooling down doesn’t mean you should instantly put your mini dresses into storage. Think of all the possibilities you can do. When it comes to tights and leggings you can instantly turn it up a few degree’s while still being able to rock your mini dress.
1. Devon ‘Military Peacoat w/ Thinsulate’ www.delias.com $90
2. Topshop ‘Ultimate 80 Denier Opaque Tights’ www.topshop.com $12
3. Old Navy ‘Women’s Tall-Heel Boots’ www.oldnavy.com $49.50
4. Modcloth ‘Macciato Dress’ www.modcloth.com $47.99
5. Norse Projects ‘Husavik Scarf’ www.goodhoodstore.com $39
There is nothing better than making a wave in flowing romantic ruffles. This dress looks sweet at first glance, but with an extra step you can give it a whole new vibe. Let this be your go-to holiday dress with just a simple pair of black opaque tights and classic heels. Spice the dress up with a waist belt, a fun pair of black patterned tights, and booties. Set the leggings and tights to the side and go bare leg to show off a more sexier side.
Let’s face it, Whitney Port’s outfit choices can sometimes be hit or miss. But this time around I am giving her major brownie points in turning just a simple sophisticated look into edgy chic. All it takes is a classic white button up top, a feminine tweed blazer, black leggings, and black booties to make this look scream girl who lives next door…to a rock band. Fashion is about having fun so don’t be afraid to mix and match. Another option would be to swap out the leggings and classic top for a little black dress with a teased up ponytail.
1. Old Navy Woman’s ‘Lightweight Roll-Sleeve Boyfriend Shirt www.oldnavy.com $20
2. Flying Monkey ‘Dark Tag Black Skinny Jean’ www.lulus.com $34
3. Free People ‘Coco Tweed Jacket’ www.piperlime.com $138.99
4. Report ‘Annona Ankle Boot’ www.endless.com $67.90
I am currently on the hunt for the perfect military inspired jacket. But not just any military jacket. I want something that strays away from the typical masculine style. While this LaRok jacket definitely has a tough side, it can still be set a part from the rest with its ruffles that add a touch of femininity. Love this jacket!
With the holidays coming up nothing excites me more than all the yummy lattes, festive music, chilly weather, cozy sweaters, and all of the great shopping deals. When it comes to getting your friend the perfect gift, don’t fret. It really can be as easy as one, two, three. Since the majority of us are the typical “always on the go” type of girl, the perfect gift could just be a bubble bath kit from Philosophy. During the holidays they have the most amazing flavors ranging from gingerbread, marshmellow, to peppermint. Another easy gift could be a nail polish collection set by OPI because, who doesn’t love nail polish? Nail polish is such a fun way to change your look without suffering any major consequences (we all have had that bad hair cut at some point in our life).
1. Sephora by OPI ‘Eighteen Piece Mini Nail Color Set’ www.sephora.com $48
2. La Mer ‘Turquoise Crystal Slate Gray’ www.lamercollections.com $170
3. Shemergency Kit www.shopbop.com $25
4. Street Level ‘78325’ www.piperlime.com $75
5. Forever 21 ‘Rose Vine Jewelry Stand’ www.forever21.com $12.80
6. Stila ‘Lip Glaze Set’ www.sephora.com $25
7. Philosophy ‘The Gingerbread House’ www.sephora.com $20
8. Vera Wang ‘Princess’ www.sephora.com $45
9. Chan Luu ‘BS-1289/Multi Stone Wrap Bracelet’ www.shirise.com $162
10. Hive & Honey ‘Multi Row Mesh Necklace’ www.piperlime.com $28
11. Little Dictionary of Fashion Book www.shopbop.com $19.95
12. Nanda ‘Home Clocky Alarm Clock’ www.nordstroms.com $44
13. Adelpha ‘Black Pyramid Studded Ring’ www.fantasyjewelrybox.com $35
14. Big Buddha ‘Meredith’ www.zappos.com $39.16
Gold chain, silver chain, bronze chain, and black chain. Whatever the style may be chain is in and is here to stay. Spice up a simple outfit with layers of chain whether it be a chunky necklace or a chunky bracelet. Not set on the heavy load? Opt for a classic chain broach or a metal connector ring with a pretty stone. My favorite part of this look is that it can make an outfit go from boring to fabulous in a second. If you’re going to do this look try to stay away from prints.
1. ABS Allen Schwartz ‘All You Can Jet Bracelet’ www.zappos.com $154
2. Erickson Beamon ‘Duchess Swarovski Necklace’ www.net-a-porter.com $980
3. Shia’s ‘Antiqued Gold Spike Metal Bracelet’ www.fantasyjewelrybox.com $34
4. Nissa ‘Silver & Black Necklace’ www.nissajewelry.com $65
5. Juicy Couture ‘Flower Cluster Chain Bracelet’ www.nordstrom.com $98
6. Forever 21 ‘Spiked Chain-Linked Necklace’ www.forever21.com $7.80
7. Juicy Couture ‘Wide Multi Chain & Feather Bracelet’ www.asos.com $216
8. Dara Ettinger ‘Mimi Druzy ‘Double Ring in Rose Gold’ www.maxandchloe.com $188
9. Hive & Honey ‘Art Deco Fringe Earring’ www.piperlime.com $46
10. Forever 21 ‘Chain Wrapped Ring’ www.forever21.com $5.80
11. Forever 21 ‘Classic Connector Ring’ www.forever21.com $3.80
12. Forever 21 ‘Tassel Chain Lariat’ www.forever21.com $6.80
13. Grayce These ‘Fringe Clip-On Oval Earrings’ www.charmandchain.com $85
14. ‘Pave Pyramid Brooch’ www.madewell.com $32
15. Forever 21 ‘Funky Beaded Necklace’ www.forever21.com $14.80
16. Veruca ‘Crystal Bar Ring’ www.charmandchain.com $125
Did someone say retro comeback? One of the hottest trends for fall 2010 is fur vests. While this trend comes straight from the 70’s, don’t worry about having to pair it with flared jeans. We can give this look a more modern feel by pairing it with anything from your favorite tight mini skirt, skinny jeans, shorts, or even a simple casual dress. Shirts can range from loose blouses, button ups, to cotton or jersey tops. Wear the vest open, shut, or even try belting it for a even more glammed up look. Once you’re onto shoes I would pair it with boots (booties are acceptable as well), pumps, or flats. Even though I am obsessed with the new Elizabeth & James Textile Jimi Flare jeans, I will spare myself from doing the whole 70’s look in fear i’ll look like a clone of Rachel Zoe. Also, i’d like to say that let’s be nice to animals and purchase faux fur.
1. Jack by BB Dakota ‘Janika Vest’ www.piperlime.com $69
2. Vila Clothes ‘Off White Faux Fur Gilet’ www.debenhams.com $56
3. Kensie Fur Vest www.piperlime.com $88
4. Butterfly by Matthew Williamson ‘Natural Faux Fur Gilet’ www.debenhams.com $97
5. Faux Fur Gilet www.topshop.com $110
6. Democracy of Nevermind www.barneys.com $130