Did someone say retro comeback? One of the hottest trends for fall 2010 is fur vests. While this trend comes straight from the 70’s, don’t worry about having to pair it with flared jeans. We can give this look a more modern feel by pairing it with anything from your favorite tight mini skirt, skinny jeans, shorts, or even a simple casual dress. Shirts can range from loose blouses, button ups, to cotton or jersey tops. Wear the vest open, shut, or even try belting it for a even more glammed up look. Once you’re onto shoes I would pair it with boots (booties are acceptable as well), pumps, or flats. Even though I am obsessed with the new Elizabeth & James Textile Jimi Flare jeans, I will spare myself from doing the whole 70’s look in fear i’ll look like a clone of Rachel Zoe. Also, i’d like to say that let’s be nice to animals and purchase faux fur.
1. Jack by BB Dakota ‘Janika Vest’ www.piperlime.com $69
2. Vila Clothes ‘Off White Faux Fur Gilet’ www.debenhams.com $56
3. Kensie Fur Vest www.piperlime.com $88
4. Butterfly by Matthew Williamson ‘Natural Faux Fur Gilet’ www.debenhams.com $97
5. Faux Fur Gilet www.topshop.com $110
6. Democracy of Nevermind www.barneys.com $130